This agreement is made and entered into this date, by and between NYCBB, INC (ORGANIZER) and the name submitted below (SPEAKER):
- SERVICES. Speaker’s duties under this Agreement shall include the following:
- Event. Speaker shall provide a pre-recorded presentation for the following event:
Event: The Cannabis Marketing Masters Summit
Date: To be held November 13, 2020 through November 14, 2020.
Venue: Virtual Summit
Time of Session: To be communicated prior to the event.
- Event Materials. Speaker agrees to provide event details and preliminary materials at least four (4) weeks in advance of the live event, or if the event is scheduled in/for less than four (4) weeks, within five (5) business days of execution of this Agreement. Event details and materials shall include but not be limited to the following information:
(i) Speaker’s brief biography
(ii) Speaker’s company logo
(iii) Company or preferred website URL
(iv) Speaker’s photograph
- Presentation Materials. Speaker agrees to provide Organizer with the final presentation materials no later than fourteen (14) business days prior to the live Event. In the event the final presentation materials are not submitted to Organizer, Organizer reserves the right to remove the Speaker from the schedule without penalty.
- PUBLICITY. Speaker authorizes and approves the use of Speaker’s name, voice, event content, company name and logo by Organizer in any public listing of the Organizer’s Speakers and Events. The term “use” may include Speaker’s name, voice, event content, Speaker’s company name and logo on the Organizer’s public web site, slide presentations, signage, collateral, and other sales and marketing materials without further review by Speaker.
Organizer agrees to provide Speaker with a link to the Speakers’ Session event description for Speaker-driven publicity purposes.
Speaker agrees to contribute to event promotion activities, which are available to them, and to coordinate those activities with Organizer.
- CONTENT. Speaker hereby consents to Organizer’s use of the recorded Event in its entirety or selected segments of the recorded Event (that is created as a recording or from any live online event) and its content, in the Organizer web site, slide presentations, and other sales and marketing materials without further review. In addition, Speaker authorizes and approves the use of Speaker’s name, voice, event content, company name and logo by Organizer in any public listing of Organizer’s Speakers and Events. The term “use” may include Speaker’s name, voice, event content, Speaker’s company name and logo on the Organizer public web site, slide presentations, collateral, and other sales and marketing materials without further review by Speaker.
- COMPENSATION. Organizer shall not compensate the Speaker for their participation in the event. No additional compensation or other benefits shall be due Speaker for any reason, unless agreed to in writing by the Organizer.
- AUTHORIZATIONS. Speaker’s presentation(s) will be recorded. Organizer may use such recording(s) of Event sessions for promotional or sales purposes. Speaker grants to Organizer a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide license (with the right to sub license) to use, edit, transcribe, distribute, sell, display and otherwise use the recording(s) or any part thereof. Organizer will own the copyright in the Recording of your Presentation, subject to any underlying intellectual property rights you or your employer may have in its content. In addition, Organizer will identify you by name when using your Presentation. If Organizer provides you with a courtesy copy of the completed recording of your Presentation, you agree to use it only for personal, non-commercial purposes in connection with your resume/portfolio, including posting in a website format in connection with your online resume/portfolio.
WARRANTIES. The Speaker warrants and represents that the Presentation and related materials are factually accurate and contain no matter libelous or otherwise unlawful. The Speaker further warrants that such Presentation, and related materials are either:
(i) the Speaker’s own original work or,
(ii) available for use without permission because they are in a public domain, or
(iii) when materials utilized in the presentation are not the Speaker’s own original work or in a public domain, they are either (a) presented with the permission of the originator/owner of the material, or (B) are believed to be within the “fair use” exemption of copyright law which includes use for purposes of criticism, news reporting, commentary, teaching, and research.
- MISCELLANEOUS. This agreement is binding on both parties and cannot be canceled except as hereinafter provided. Organizer and the Speaker mutually agree that all parties shall be released from any and all liability or damages hereunder if Organizer or the Speaker is unable to fulfill the terms of this agreement due to an act of God, illness or physical disability of the Speaker, acts or regulations of public authorities, labor difficulties, civil tumult, strike, epidemic, flood, fire, interruption or delay of transportation, or any other cause beyond the control of the parties. If, for any reason, the Speaker is delayed or cannot appear, the Speaker will promptly notify Organizer to arrange a mutually agreeable change of date and/or a substitute Speaker. Any benefits, deposits, and/or advance reimbursements under this agreement shall be transferred to the substitute Speaker, if any. If a change of date or substitute Speaker cannot be mutually agreed upon, Organizer and the Speaker agree that this Agreement is canceled.’