Vangst is looking for a talented Account Executive to join our growing team and expand our sales presence! As our AE, you will be working with some of the fastest-growing companies in cannabis and helping them build top-performing teams. You will be responsible for generating revenue from both new and existing clients by selling the value of Vangst, activating and up-selling accounts, and continuing to develop meaningful relationships with companies.
As an Account Executive you will report directly to our Director of Services and be responsible for selling Vangst services to companies throughout your territory to increase customer acquisition through consultative selling by taking part in strategic meetings and contract support. The ideal candidate has experience with partnership/strategic selling, a history of exceeding targets, and loves to build relationships.
You will manage and sell Vangst recruiting services (Direct Hire, Vetted, and GIGS) to cannabis companies throughout your territory, working in tandem with the talent concierge team i.e Talent Managers (TMs) and Team Leads (TLs) to solidify and grow client relationships.
You will locate, qualify, and pursue clients through a high- volume of calls, emails, networking events, and in-person as well as virtual meetings.
You will manage all strategic communication, including drip email campaigns, tracking activity in our CRM, and building strategic pipelines to drive new revenue opportunities for Vangst.
● Generate new account acquisition through strategic meetings, contract negotiations, and pitching Vangst’s value proposition to potential clientele.
● Consult with Talent Managers and Team Leads on current account relationship management and account upselling strategies.
● Work in tandem with the talent concierge services team to solidify and grow Client relationships.
● Attend all beneficial (virtual and in-person) trade shows, conferences, and networking events within your territory while actively seeking speaking engagements and brand-building events.
● Work with Marketing + Finance departments to create budgets for client outreach and client acquisition strategies, including market research, analytics, networking ROI, and placement pipeline.
● Track all prospecting and account data in Salesforce to ensure efficiency throughout the sales and account management cycle.
● Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets.
● Deliver above-and-beyond client experience through phone, email, virtual (Zoom), and in-person communication.
● Work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Talent, and GIGS teams to ensure successful delivery of our solution so that our clients are realizing a return on their investment with Vangst.
● Research business opportunities and follow industry trends locally in your territory and stay current on industry trends, company offerings, and competitors.
● Develop growth strategies and plans to acquire new clients and increase the client base in your territory.
● Consult with clients to understand their unique hiring goals.
● Clearly articulate Vangst products and value propositions, selling within all departments of hiring organizations.
● Create new opportunities with inbound leads by pitching Vangst services and providing an excellent client experience.
● Customize business contracts and negotiate with stakeholders.
● Proposal, contract, and addendum preparation.
● Handoff all new clients to the talent concierge team for future client management and upselling.
● Navigate organizational complexity and overcome roadblocks with multiple decision-makers.
● You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing startup environment.
● You are results-oriented and go the extra mile in all situations.
● Have a passion for technology and our mission to disrupt the recruiting industry.
● You are an advocate and believer in the cannabis industry.
● You are highly collaborative and able to juggle multiple projects at once.
● You have a high attention to detail, with a process and solution-oriented mindset.
● You are confident! You have excellent presentation and communication skills, are outgoing and enjoy meeting new people.
● Proven success hitting monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
● Experience in generating leads and business within both new & existing markets.
● Executive presence; ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, as well as work with teams across multiple time-zones and offices.
Previous experience in successfully:
● Managing client relationships & multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously.
● Managing territory effectively to achieve and exceed monthly targets.
● Prioritizing selling activities and to collaborate with other team members to build strategy, maximize pipeline productivity, and effectively close new business.
Vangst is the premier talent resource for the cannabis industry. Headquartered in Denver, CO, our platform solutions combine smart technology and human know-how to match leading cannabis companies with the best talent on the market. From temporary to full-time positions, cultivation to the retailer counter and across teams of 10 to companies of 1000, we bring full-service expertise to every aspect of cannabis hiring. We give companies a competitive edge by placing the industry’s top talent in difficult-to-fill positions while also navigating a nuanced and ever-evolving regulatory landscape. We help start careers, advance careers and empower both companies and employees with not just job placement, but also industry education and training. Our mission is to help the entire industry succeed with smarter technology, unmatched knowledge and a network of talent that gets cannabis to work.