MODERN CANNABIS CO-PACKING
The human resource manager is responsible for performing human resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, onboarding & training, performance management, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance all company, government, labor and transportation industry regulations; deliver training to maintain compliance (including CalOSHA)
Performs both administrative and strategic hiring duties and planning.
Recruit and place workers, compensation.
Conducts employee reviews including salary planning, promotions, and job re-leveling
Manages plans and procedures for all company personnel, assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, prepares and maintains employee handbook policies and procedures manual
Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests
Performs worker’s compensation benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees
• Stationary Position (6-8 hours)
• Frequently Move, Traverse throughout facility
• Position self to perform tasks
• Ascend/ Descend
• Move, Transport, Position, Put, Install, Remove up to 50lbs
• Exposed to, work around Cannabis Product
• Prolonged Computer Use
The Human Resources Manager will be required to work out of the primary facility located in Oakland; CA. Remote Work will not be available. Travel may be required occasionally. Will also be working near and around cannabis and will be exposed to the scent of cannabis.
• Minimum 3 years experience in a human resources position
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
• Must be over the age of 21—per cannabis regulations
• General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
• Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License & be insurable (Subject to MVR)
Applicants require a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or a related field. Extensive prior experience in human resources may be substituted for degree.
• Office proficient—Excel is a Must
• Knowledge in navigating Google Workspace
• Computer Literacy with traditional typing skills
• Must comply with all BCC guidelines, CalOSHA and other State & Federal Employment regulations.
ABOUT RISE COPACKING
We are a Modern Cannabis Co-Packing operation. We have combined an automated approach with a human touch. We tailor our operations to ensure the highest quality of processing with specialized trimming, pre-rolling, and packing.