America's only energy-independent cannabis cultivation facility. "Our Green Is Greener."
Massachusetts based Solar Therapeutics is New England’s leading producer of wellness and alternative therapies dedicated to state of the art, fully sustainable cultivation & production of pharmaceutical grade cannabis.
The company’s experienced management team, dedicated board and passionate investors are driven by a singular mission: to provide industry leading alternative therapies with a sustainable carbon-neutral energy footprint.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing & Communications to conceptualize unique tactics that will help raise visibility and encourage new dispensary customers.
- Assist in developing and implementing marketing strategies, campaigns and collateral that will convey the Solar brand and highlight its cannabis dispensary locations, products, partners, employees and events (new product launches, in-house pop-up events, strategic alliances, collaborations with local charities and organizations).
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications to conceptualize, develop and execute bi-weekly email campaign newsletters, weekly SMS campaigns, and various ad/drip campaigns that will drive Solar’s brand awareness and its products to the consumer.
- Assist in management of third party cannabis ordering platforms (Leafly & Weedmaps).
- Collaborate with Solar’s Director of Cultivation, Lab and Kitchen Managers to learn about their cannabis genetics/strains, concentrates/extracts and marijuana-infused products.
- Assist in supporting dispensary sales team (bud tenders) by providing thorough information and collateral of all Solar marijuana and marijuana-infused product data.
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications and marketing team to create and maintain promotional materials of Solar’s brand and products for all cannabis wholesale partners.
- Assist the Director of Marketing in curating website and blog content that aligns with the cannabis industry, Solar’s brands, products, initiatives.
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications and Solar’s graphic designer to create relevant pitch decks, informational one-sheets related to the Solar brand and its products.
- Conduct market research and keep up with national, regional and local cannabis industry trends, products, vendors and potential partners, etc.
Social Media Marketing:
- Have a strong grasp on trending content/music on all social platforms (IG, TikTok, Youtube, FB, Linkedin, Twitter, Clubhouse)
- Perform research on Solar’s current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Design and implement a social media strategy to align with Solar’s business goals and communicate the Solar brand, retail dispensary, products, day-to-day, employees and events.
- Conceptualize creative content with different tones to appeal to various audiences with the possibility of it going viral.
- Work with Solar’s videographer and graphic designer to curate to generate, edit, publish, and share engaging and original content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, infographics and news). Content may include promotion of:
- Solar’s mission toward sustainability within the cannabis industry
- Solar marijuana, concentrates and marijuana-infused products and brands
- Day to day happenings in areas of Solar’s facility (dispensary, cultivation, lab, kitchen, drying/trimming, processing, etc.)
- Product drops at Solar dispensaries and wholesale partner retail shops
- Solar apparel and merchandise
- Customer testimonials
- Work with Solar’s videographer to maintain all video content on Solar’s Youtube and Vimeo platforms.
- Conceptualize and develop creative captions that have strategic/relevant hashtags and @mentions.
- Gauge and schedule the timing of posts (across all platforms) that will see the most engagement and impact.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews on platforms including, but not limited to (Google, Yelp, Leafly, Weedmaps, Potguide, and all other social channels).
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications and Solar’s social media influencers to curate a relevant, impactful content schedule based on allocated budget.
- Ability to review and analyze social media data and metrics to gauge successes/failures.
- Pull monthly data and metrics reports for each social media outlet.
Dispensary Retail Marketing & Merchandising:
- Meet with the Director of Marketing & Communications and dispensary managers to align on product inventory, product launch dates, events and other happenings that would merit promotion.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications with updating Solar’s adult-use and medical menus (images, descriptions).
- Oversee Solar’s in-house and online merchandise storefronts.
- Restocking and tracking inventory and sales
- Delivery and shipment of online orders
- Work with Solar’s graphic artist to conceptualize and design new Solar merchandise (apparel and accessories).
- Work with Solar’s videographer and graphic designer to schedule and execute photoshoots of new merchandise, accessories and products.
- Work with Solar’s graphic artist to conceptualize and design dispensary marketing and advertising collateral for various products, events, etc.
- Work with the dispensary manager to update and adjust merchandising and product displays as necessary.
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or a related field strongly preferred
- 2 – 4 years of experience in a marketing/social media role
- A deep knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms (IG, TikTok, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Snap, FB, LI, ClubHouse)
- A keen eye for relevant and trending content on social platforms as well as potential for strategic alliances
- Understanding of email and SMS marketing platforms (Slick Text and MailChimp)
- Knowledge of cannabis industry, marijuana & marijuana-infused products (MIPS) a plus
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English