America's only energy-independent cannabis cultivation facility. "Our Green Is Greener."
Massachusetts based Solar Therapeutics is New England’s leading producer of wellness and alternative therapies dedicated to state of the art, fully sustainable cultivation & production of pharmaceutical grade cannabis.
The company’s experienced management team, dedicated board and passionate investors are driven by a singular mission: to provide industry leading alternative therapies with a sustainable carbon-neutral energy footprint.
Solar Therapeutics is seeking an experienced IT & Facilities Technician to work in our Somerset, MA location and future sites. The ideal candidate will be a dependable, detail oriented, self-starter and possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
The IT & Facilities Technician will provide assistance to Company personnel by answering questions, resolving technical problems, and maintaining the Company’s network, software, and computer equipment. This person will be responsible for providing initial direct or remote resolution of end user issues and coordinate resolution of issues beyond this scope. The IT & Facilities Technician will provide site support and assist with lifecycle management of computers and other technology. Additionally, the IT & Facilities Technician will maintain situational awareness to identify and report issues that are not in compliance with established policy or that pose a threat to the effectiveness or integrity of the IT environment. This position will also work alongside the Director of Facilities on various maintenance projects as needed.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications and databases.
- Install and configure new IT equipment including but not limited to servers, desktops, printers, access control, digital displays, audio systems, security systems (with cameras).
- Assist all users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- Install and terminate a variety of cabling.
- Log all IT equipment and disperse or collect when employees are hired or leave employment
- Perform all Network maintenance for all current and future sites
- Work with Director of Facilities, Facilities Manager, and Maintenance Technician on various projects and assist when needed with general maintenance tasks
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred
- 3 or more years of IT work experience.
- Experience Networking skills required including LAN, WAN, VLAN, VPNs.
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits & diagrams.
- Extensive knowledge of Google systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly-regulated environment
- High attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic, reliability, and professionalism
Bachelor’s Degree preferred