The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of medical marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve.
As a retail merchandiser, you are the connection between the sales floor and customers. To maximize performance, you ensure that inventory is in the right place at the right time. The professional hired into this role will work closely with the Retail, Marketing, Finance and Accounting Departments and business store operations teams, ensuring principles of cost accounting are applied to enable a thorough understanding of product costs, margin analysis and business profitability. Travel required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, document, and analyze current merchandising processes.
- Develop Improvement Plan for Senior Management Review.
- Develop Implementation Plan and execute.
- Developing merchandising strategies on pricing architecture (Good, Better, Best).
- Developing merchandising strategies on core assortment by market and by store.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms and methods.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure reciprocal relationship benefits.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the merchandising budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on purchases.
- Working with Supply Chain and Finance to oversee and manage the systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Working with the Retail Demand Planner to strategically select the range and assortment of products offered per store or region.
- Determining which assortment to use in a new or established location and assessing the success of the assortment over time.
- Interfacing with retail locations on existing and new products and inventory needs.
- Communicating with vendors on order statuses and requests.
- Auditing and reporting on the stock levels of each SKU to maintain the balance between purchase and sale of merchandise.
- Analyzing and responding to changing sales trends.
- Setting retail pricing, ensuring sales, markups, and markdowns are executed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with supply partners.
- Partner with Retail Demand Planner to ensure product reorders are placed in accordance with set min and max levels
- Maintain the core assortment and closely monitor inventory levels of every SKU
- Work with Retail Demand Planner to confirm new product arrives and disseminate order confirmations to appropriate parties.
- Collaborate with marketing department to develop and support product launches and promotional strategies focused on driving incremental revenue and profit dollars.
- Collaborate with finance department to analyze SKU-level pricing and profitability.
- Remain in full compliance with the laws and regulations for each location, always.
- Record keeping of all transactions and inventory in according with SOPs.
- Spearhead continuous improvement programs to reduce product costs through interaction with Operations and suppliers
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Basic sales skills and cannabis product knowledge.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and use of other software systems used for analytics.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience frequently interacting with customers, fulfilling customer requests and addressing issues, questions, or suggestions.
- Ability to handle a busy atmosphere.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional written and verbal communication with multiple levels and departments, while being connected to the detailed support.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in an effective manner the first time.
- Accurate, self-starter, with an emphasis on work product ownership, with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks with competing deadlines.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and honest.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- 2 years industry experience.
Background Check Requirement
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check. Individuals that have been convicted of a criminal offense related to the sale or possession of illegal drugs, narcotics or controlled substances may not hold a position with TerrAscend.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description anytime without notice.
The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.