The role of the Cultivation Associate is to implement the horticultural plan created by the Director of Cultivation. The health of the garden is the primary goal and responsibility of those in the cultivation department. Duties also include the following: implementing fertilization plans, cloning, transplanting, leaf pruning, cleaning, daily checks of environmental conditions as well as logging all daily data for the garden to be used for analysis. The Cultivation Associate will embrace continued education as it relates to plant care and will be a team player. Cultivation Associates do not make changes to the environment or nutritional programs without consulting the Manager. Cultivation Associates should be able to work independently or part of a team.
The primary role of the Cultivation Associate is to follow the Director of Cultivation’s instructions on a day to day basis regarding the planting and harvesting schedules; plant management plan; fertilization schedule; pest management plan; agriculture cleanliness.
- 60% Daily Tasks: daily watering + fertilizing, recording pH, ppm, temperature, humidity, CO2 levels, PAR values, plant inspection for pests, removal of all dead plant material from grow rooms, transplanting, pruning and cloning.
- 20% Complete janitorial duties (clean counters, tables, pots, irrigation equipment, floors, equipment inspection and service.)
- 20% Other duties assigned by the Director of Cultivation
Essential Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Commercial horticultural experience and manufacturing experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable about cannabis: growth phases, potential contaminants, genetics, laws, medicinal values, culture, and trends of the industry
- Pesticide applicator license is preferred
- Reliability is a must, the cultivation team shares a 7 day work week
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
Agriculture work, by nature, is physically demanding. The Cultivation Associate must be able to lift 50+ pounds and stand during work.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused