The Accounting Clerk will perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks. The Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Monitor credit card charges and employee expense reimbursements.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and laws.
- Continuously improve operating efficiency of the accounting function.
- Proven accounting experience.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Strong competence with QuickBooks and MS Excel.
- Well organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-starter and independent worker.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks.
- Data entry and word processing skills.
- Strong team player with good communication skills.
- Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent experience (Bachelor’s degree a plus).
- Must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
Green Leaf Medical (gLeaf) is a multi-state, vertically integrated operation, leading the cannabis industry in the production and sales of high quality medicine. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a skilled and talented Accounting Clerk to join our team!
Ultimately, the Accounting Clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a passion for numbers and accuracy.