POSITION TITLE: Inventory Control
DEPARTMENT: Front of House
LOCATION: Denver, CO
SUPERVISOR: Store Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time/Part Time, Non-Exempt
Note: This is an ever evolving document. Job responsibilities and duties can change per needs of the business.
Inventory Control is responsible for safeguarding company assets by controlling inventory accuracy, monitoring stock levels, and reporting all aspects of store inventory. It is imperative that the Inventory Control Specialist be capable of completing the essential duties for their position. The Inventory Control position requires a high level of multi-taking, customer service, and attention to detail. Due to the level of responsibility, job knowledge and access given, Inventory Control is considered pre-management and is expected to be technically sound and personally driven to excel and exceed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accountable for accurately in taking and completing products in the Lightshade POS system, MeTRC and our internal forms
• Auditing all inventory levels for accuracy including daily and weekly reconciliations and more detailed MeTRC scrubs
• Ensuring accuracy of medicated displays including flower and concentrates
• Adjusting and tracking of any and all changes in stock levels including submitting “MeTRC tickets”
• Submitting all discrepancies with your daily counts and working with the MOD to rectify those items
• Utilizing the Adjustment Tracker to properly document any discrepancies such as “up/downs” or counts that are off.
• Ensuring inventory backstock is at adequate supply levels, reconciled, labelled properly and put away properly
• Reporting any quality issues to management including unsellable and expiring product at least 1 month before expiration
• Placing Lone Ranger flower displays in bud bays correctly as well as packaging back into the appropriate containers to then sell to customers once the RFID tag has been sold through
• Converting joints and joint packs as needed to carry minimum stock levels
• Creating New MeTRC Tags, Items and transfers as needed
• Accepting and Processing MeTRC transfers
• Effectively running crash kits as needed when there is a power outage or POS outage
• Effectively handling online orders as they come in through the online system
• Handling and maintaining a cash drawer for online orders
• Pulling and showing purchased products to customers
• Assist with the training of all new IC employees
• Other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
Solid organizational and communication skills
Ability to work with team to maintain a compliant and accurate inventory
Basic Microsoft Office, Google software, Point of Sale software, MeTRC software, cash management and inventory knowledge is required
Strong attention to detail and must have a team-player mentality
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to peers and supervisors while maintaining a professional and courteous manner
Ability to creatively cultivate long-term customer relationships
Ability to deal with problems and resolve in a professional manner
Must be experienced with weight conversion, basic to intermediate math, compliance, and customer service oriented
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
1+ year experience in retail or 1+ year of experience in an inventory management role within a retail or customer service environment preferred
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be able to obtain a Key or Support badge through the Medical Marijuana Enforcement Division
Must take MeTRC training course within first 90 days of IC employment. This course will be dictated with your Store Manager and District Manager
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and company, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds unless otherwise specified.
All new employees will serve a 90 day probationary period to enable the COO of Lightshade, the GM of Operations and the District Manager to determine their suitability as an employee.