We’re looking for a motivated Cultivation Technicians in the Denver area to join our client’s team. If you have strong attention to detail and a drive for results, this could be for you!
This position is for anyone looking to grow their career in cannabis working for Colorado’s premier dispensary. If you can prove your reliability by showing up each day with a positive attitude and drive to achieve your goals, you’re going to get a lot out of this! While initially a temporary role, the client wants to hire on exemplary workers for a permanent position.
Our client uses modern equipment and techniques, marrying them to tried and true methods of cultivation to harvest premium strains of Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid. They are committed to excellence from seed to shelf, to their customers, and treat each plant with care and respect in a state-of-the-art cultivation facility.
Move pots and transplants plants, as needed
Perform general clean-up tasks including sweeping, cleaning your tools, and picking up debris
Assist with harvesting the cannabis plant
De-leafing, bucking dry flower, and hanging the stalks to dry
Adhere to all industry standards as well as compliance regulations
Conduct all activities in a timely and efficient manner
Maintain accurate activity records
Communicate effectively with supervisors and other employees
Other duties assigned
- Ability to wear a respirator, as required for pesticide applications
- Ability to wear all other necessary personal protective equipment
- Ability to mix and apply pesticides
- Ability to work with and apply biological controls
- Ability to work 7 days per week including holidays, days, nights, and weekends
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds Ability to sit, squat, bend, and kneel repetitively throughout a work day
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder (up to 12 ft. extension) and general hardware tools needed for common repairs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means.
- Ability and willingness to work in environments that may include exposure to pollen, allergens, chemical pesticides, fertilizers, dust, odors, high temperatures, noise, and moisture.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be 21 years old
- Valid Industry Occupational badge
- Basic math skills Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and/or education in cannabis cultivation, horticulture, or biology is preferred
In addition to your compensation, you will be eligible to receive any benefits which are offered to all full-time Lightshade employees. The employer will pay $250.00 towards Employee Health Insurance, Dental insurance in which the employer will pay half of the employee cost, the employee pays for Vision and Aflac. These benefits are available after 60 days. The company pays Life at 1 x your annual salary and Short-Term Disability. We offer a 401k program, with a 6% match after 90 days. Lightshade offers Vacation time at 80 hours accrued in the first year, 120 hours during the third year, and 160 after four years of service. Sick time is at 80 hours per year. Both are a maximum of 160 hours of accruals.