General Guidelines The site allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews and the submission of listings to the Site. We’ve put together these general guidelines so there is no confusion. Please also read the guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there’s no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. You shouldn’t write reviews for your own business or your employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group or trade association. And it may seem obvious, but business owners should not ask customers to write reviews.
- Promotional content: Unless you own a business listing and are adding content to your business’s page, promotional content has no place on our site. Let’s keep the site useful for consumers and potential clients and not riddled with commercial announcements.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate. For example, reviews aren’t the place for rants about a business’s employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don’t address the core of the consumer experience.
- Privacy: Don’t publicize other people’s private information. Please don’t post close-up photos or videos of other patrons without their permission, and please don’t post other people’s full names unless you’re referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names.
- Intellectual property: Don’t swipe content from other sites or users.
- Demanding payment: Beyond simply asking for a refund to remedy a bad experience, you should not use removing or posting your review as a way to extract payment from a business, regardless of whether you’ve been a customer or client.
User Profile GuidelinesUse your account profile to let people know who you are and what your experience is in the industry. Other users want to read reviews from real people that have the credentials the create trust. Try to post a picture and a little information about yourself
Review Guidelines The best reviews are the authentic ones. They offer a personal story, details of the reviewer’s experience and some insights for potential customers.
- Personal experience: Users want to hear about your first-hand experience, not what you heard from from a friend. Try to tell your own story without generalizations and allegations.
- Accuracy: Make sure your review is factually correct. State your opinions, but don’t exaggerate or misrepresent your experience.
- Submit Listings Guidelines: Know of a great business in the Cannabis industry? Great, we want to know about it. It doesn’t have to be yours, you can just let us know that it is out there and should be included on the site. Please share this business on our Submit Listings page. Please do not use this feature to post promotional announcements, your affiliate link or other commercial endeavors.
Event Guidelines: Submit Events in the Events section. Please do not use Events to post recurring promotional announcements and sales.
Messaging Guidelines: We may develop a messaging system. Please don’t use this feature to harass other users or send other inappropriate content. Second, user accounts are for personal, non-commercial use only. Listing owners should respond to reviewers using their Account.
Listing Owner Guidelines: As a Business owner, here are some other things to consider:
- Description: You can use your description area to tell people about your business. Please keep it relevant: don’t use this area to attack competitors, reviewers, or Company, and don’t use it to seed keywords or post special offers or promotions — we’ll remove them if we see them.
- Public Comments: Don’t use public comments to launch personal attacks, advertise, or offer an incentive to change a review.
- Video and Photos: Videos are a great way for advertisers to promote themselves on the Site. Be as creative as you can, but please keep it clean. We are not prudes, but this isn’t the venue for images showing violence, nudity, near nudity, or suggestive acts. Also, please don’t use your video to disparage other businesses, users, or the Site; request or solicit reviews from users; or respond to user reviews.
- Don’t ask for reviews and don’t offer to pay for them either: Please don’t ask your customers to review your business on the Site. Over time, solicited reviews create bias on your business page — a bias that savvy consumers can smell from a mile away. You should also never offer compensation (discounts and freebies count, too) in exchange for reviews.